cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Virus that switches off

Hi there, my computer switches off many times. Everybodys says is a virus but when i start a viruscan in a few minutes my computer switches off

2 Replies

Re: Virus that switches off

Boot into Safe Mode with Networking by tapping F8 repeatedly while booting up and follow the instructions for the use of Malwarebytes Free (see the last link in my signature below) in that mode (it will download, update and run in that mode assuming your computer allows an Internet connection in that mode.

If it doesn't allow one then at least try using System Restore to go back to before this all started.

Also note that you can right-click the taskbar icon in Safe Mode and select 'Scan' and VirusScan will run silently.

Highlighted

Re: Virus that switches off

This could also be an indication that you computer is overheating so check that vents are clean, fans are working etc. etc.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community