cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Virus removal by professional?

😞 GOD help me!!!! I came home, sat down on my bed and looked at my computer and it was constantly rebooting. Over and over again. I've done all, in my limited computer experience, I know to do. Cut it off, system restore, safe mode, chkdsk and it got worse!! It's at the point where I can't get windows to finish loading to let me get to the desktop to run Mcafee to see if it can catch the problem. It literally stops at the point where you can choose the user to sign on.
Has this gotten to where I have no choice but to send the darn thing to a professional?
I swear, any advice someone gives me now will be more than I had before. Im not at home at the moment (which is why I'm able to post this question) but I'll follow all directions to the letter when I get there!:)
I'm running(or not running) Windows XP with my McAfee security suite through AOL.

Tiffany
Labels (1)
3 Replies

RE: Virus removal by professional?

simmons565

Best taking it to a PC shop,it could be a hardware/hard-drive/software or BIOS problem.

I think you're right. There's only so much that I feel confident trying on my own before. I guess I just wanted to see if my guess was right about how serious the problem was.

Thanks

Good luck.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community