Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fancy
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 8

Virus protection trusted programs

Hello,
i was checking Mcafee secuirty center settings then came up to virus protection trusted programs tab & found those 3 programs marked as trusted ... what are those progarms for or they are some spyware and must be removed?
another question though,i need to add some application to the trusted programs but there are no option to do that what is the soltuion for that problem? :confused:
7 Replies
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 8

RE: Virus protection trusted programs

You would have had to "trust" those for them to appear there, they would have been detected as PUP's (possibly unwanted programs). Remove them from the list to see if you get any further detection. If so it's up to you but I would run the free version of these two tools to make sure:

http://www.superantispyware.com/superantispywarefreevspro.html

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

Update them before running and let them clean everything they find. Reboot when/if asked to.

Artemis detections are "unknowns" therefore it's wise to check them out. If it is a false detection then this link tells you what to do: http://community.mcafee.com/showthread.php?t=233662
fancy
Level 7
Message 3 of 8

thank you for replying,i had removed them all from the trusted list but i still can't find any option to add a program to the trusted list.
after restore there are only 3 options as in screenshot,either to restore or remove or send to Mcafee 😞

Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Then you would have to either remove them if you don't want them on your machine at all, or restore tham using the guidelines in that last link I posted.
fancy
Level 7
Message 5 of 8

i'm not talking about those 3 programs,i'm talking in general
there are some program i want to add to the trusted list but this option is missing!!
i don't want to disable the virus protection then use it then disable it and so on
this is pretty annoying :rolleyes:
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood. You can only add programs that are identified as PUP's or "Possibly Unwanted Programs". Never anything identified, whether wrongly or rightly, as an infection such as a trojan, virus or worm.

We have asked for that facility to be reintroduced in vain I'm afraid. It was a feature 5 years ago or so, and still is part of the Enterprise (Corporate) software.
fancy
Level 7
Message 7 of 8

yeah,i remember that feature was in there few years ago
i hope that it will be reimplemented in future versions.
Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 8

We are constantly asking and hoping that they will listen. I think that is #1 in the requests we've made and there are many.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community