Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Verify detection status

Hello
I am trying to find out how to check if the following file sav.exe (md5:  
5dc438c8c9ab91ccadba1de82ab481d9) would be detected and stopped by McAfee. Also can you provide from which version of .DAT this file is detected?

3 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: Verify detection status

Hi @Eric77 

I am not seeing detection for this hash specifically. Kindly submit a support ticket and submit this file as sample so that we can proceed with the detection. 

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 4

Hi @Eric77,

Thank you for your post. I looked this up internally and as @patrakshar stated, we do not have detection for this file in DAT for ENS. However please be assured that we cover this malware using Artemis/GTI under the name: RDN/Ransom. GTI is a technology that is enabled by default in McAfee products like ENS and VSE where cloud server is looked up for the detection information and files are determined malicious with the same.

Also, if you are using VSE (VirusScan Enterprise), then this is covered by DAT as well using the same detection name.

So, if you are using ENS (Endpoint Security) then, kindly please follow @patrakshar advice andplease  create a SR with us.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 4

In the future, you can search for file hashes on (or upload suspicious files to) VirusTotal.com.

For example, as AdithyanT explains, this appears to be detected by McAfee as RDN/Ransom:

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/9a4e4211f7e690ee4a520c491ef7766dcf1cc9859afa991e15538e92b435f3a1...

Worth a mention.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community