cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stanisluv
Level 9

VS missed bad cookie(s)

Another problem. few days ago mcafee missed tracking cookie(s). I don`t know which one of cookie(s) is bad but I saved them all in backup via acronis. So how I can detect this cookie(s) & how I can send them to McAfee?

0 Kudos
30 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: VS missed bad cookie(s)

VirusScan no longer automatically quarantines tracking cookies as for the most part they are harmless & were simply filling up the quarantine folders needlessly.    However if you feel one or more should have been detected then you can submit them as outlined HERE.

0 Kudos
stanisluv
Level 9

Actually VS simply them  but how I can find such cookie(s)? This cookie(s)  show me big flash banner over the site. usually this is heppens on yandex.ru.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Not sure I understand.   Are you talking about popups or what?   Try scanning with Stinger using high level filter in the options and Malwarebytes Free, both linked in my signature - last link.

Or look further down that page and file a Hijackthis log on one of those independent forums for expert analysis.

0 Kudos
stanisluv
Level 9

Yes, I`m talking about huge ads popup. Ok I`ll try to use stinger. Malwarebytes is bad software.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Malwarebytes is one of the best anti-malware applications out there. 

0 Kudos
stanisluv
Level 9

may be but this software also:

1) Slow down PC performance

2) Very often blocks good software. For example it`s blocks PostgreSQL.

PS. As for me McAfee the best security software in the world.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

You're talking about the Pro version.  I'm talking about the free one.   If it removes legitimate software then you should report that to them.    They are a very gooid company.

0 Kudos
stanisluv
Level 9

Not, I`m talking about free version. Anyways this thread is not about this 3rd party software. We can continue discussion about malwarebytes in another thread of via PM.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

No need for further discussion, that's OK.

0 Kudos