cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated but still shows expired subscription & XP Security Pro virus/trojan issues

So I purchased Internet Security 2010 for 3 PCs I so far I am not very happy. I was hoping to prevent extra stress but I was wrong. I have installed it on my 3 PCs (2 desk tops & 1 laptop). My laptop is still showing that my subscription expired 2/5/10. I am not getting a prompt to activate it either. I have tried to uninstall it & reinstall & still nothing different. I want to make sure I am protected as I now have a trojan or something on one of my desk tops that I cannot get rid of. I wish I would have spent more & hopefully gotten something that would have prevented the XP Internet Security Pro virus/trojan in the first place or at least would get rid of it. I am not a PC pro nor do I have time to fiddle around & I am so frustrated. Can anybody help with either issue please?

Let me correct that. It is XP Antivirus Pro trojan.

Message was edited  on 10/03/10 1:32:42 EST PM
7 Replies

Re: Updated but still shows expired subscription & XP Security Pro virus/trojan issues

Hi,

I suggest you to contact the Home User's Support at 1 866 622 3911 ASAP to get the subscription details straightened out first of all.

Once that is done, Please update your softwrae and run a full scan.

Please revert with the update !

Sameer

Re: Updated but still shows expired subscription & XP Security Pro virus/trojan issues

Thank you Sameer. I actually have 2 different problems on 2 different PCs. The PC with the trojan/virus has the software uploaded & active. I have update & scanned but it isn't detecting the XP Antivirus pro virus. I also downloaded & ran the maleware software I saw recemmended to another user & although it found some adware & such it did not recognise the XP Antivirus virus.

As for the McAfee Internet Security on my other PC, it seems to work fine & is updating & all. Everything says active but when I click to see subscription it says expires 2/5/10. I am stumped!

Hi,

Please check out this link to get a few instructions on the removal of the nasty program on your computer !

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-antivirus-xp-pro

Scroll down the page as the first links are all adverts.

Sameer

Highlighted

And yes, About the subscription, Stuff like that happens sometimes due to database errors. Please call up the customer service and they would be happy to assist you and get that taken care of.

A Request :- Please mark the answer as Correct or Useful so that others can follow it as a ready reference,

Cheers.

Sameer !

After a few days of this XP antivirus pro stuff it disappeared one day when my McAfee started scanning. I haven't seen it since. Now I am having problems opening my IE & other programs. I get the "open with" window & it says (program name).exe open with what program. All I can say is thank goodness I have more then one PC or I wouldn't be able to do anything. Can anyone help? I may try to just save anything I need off the PC & completely restore it. I am so ready to give up!

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community