Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ralf
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 17

Re: Unhappy with Total Protection 2010

...thanks again madasahatter... your support is greatly appreciated!!!

Highlighted

Ralf, look at the previous thread from Ex_Brit and use the link for "malwarebytes".  It is additional protection that corrected my issue.  It is very simple AND IT'S FREE.  I was totally frustrated when I first posted on this thread (thus the name)  and Ex_Brit helped me work through it.

Ralf
Level 7
Message 13 of 17

I apologize, I didn't mean to offend... I just wanted to tell you that in this venue, people like you and all other TECH Support people will see this as an issue... I am not looking to RESOLVE MY ISSUE, I'm looking to address AN ISSUE with MCAFEE...here others with my problem can voice their frustration and concern... again, my apologies

Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Message 14 of 17

Ralf wrote:

I apologize, I didn't mean to offend... I just wanted to tell you that in this venue, people like you and all other TECH Support people will see this as an issue... I am not looking to RESOLVE MY ISSUE, I'm looking to address AN ISSUE with MCAFEE...here others with my problem can voice their frustration and concern... again, my apologies

The  these forums are hardly the best place as they are for technical support and virus removal help.   Write a letter to McAfee's head office.

McAfee Corporate Headquarters
3965 Freedom Circle
Santa Clara, CA 95054
USA
meek75
Level 7
Message 15 of 17

Yes, I had similar issues. I was floored to learn (only after having a  problem) that McAfee does not back up its own software. I assumed  (wrongly) that if a virus or maleware did get through my McAfee filter  that they would then help me deal with the problem has part of my  already paid for subscription. They wanted $89.00 to help me claen up my  system after thier protetion failed!!! I have canceled my auto renew  and will go elsewhere for protection. I ended up fixing the problem on my own with some great free software. That just adds insult to injurt. McAfee was goin to charge me for what ended up being a simple fix. Anyway, I too have canceled and sworn off any and all of this companies products. Also, as the tech guy in my family and circle of friends I will be recommending that everyone I know get alternate protection. There are better options out there.

Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Message 16 of 17

Meek75,

I sympathize but this thread is from January.  I'm sure the OP doesn't need more responses.

As I answered your identical post elsewhere...

McAfee actually scores pretty highly in catching malware but NO antivirus is perfect.  We moderators have always advocated keeing extra anti-spyware handy just in case.

Also no antivirus gives you free personal virus removal service should their product not catch it at first.  They all charge for that service.  So good luck finding one that doesn't charge and that also provides full coverage, antivirus, firewall and browser protection, plus, depending on your package, anti-spam and parental controls.

Ralf
Level 7
Message 17 of 17

madasahatter, I thank you for your support in this.  Like you said, we have to make this a Totally OBVIOUS 2010 package for MCAFEE to listen to... thanks again...

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community