cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tonkatsu
Level 7

Unable to allow a file through McAfee

Hi,

I just installed my McAfee today. While trying to install my game shortly after, McAfee detected that one of my game installation files is a trojan and sent it to quarantine, thus, discontinuing my installtion. I've looked it up and most anti-virus programs detected that particular file as a trojan but it is in fact, not one. Now, I can't find a way to allow that file through McAfee, nor can I restore the file from quarantine since it will just be quarantined again. Please advise on allowing files/programs through McAfee or it will really be hell frustating everytime something safe that I want to use is blocked. Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Hayton
Level 17

Re: Unable to allow a file through McAfee

I've moved this into the Security Awareness section (Home User Assistance) since this is to do with malware detection.

... most anti-virus programs detected that particular file as a trojan but it is in fact, not one

You sure it's not a Trojan? Go into Security Center and select Navigation. There should be a heading there for Quarantined and Trusted items. Go into it, select Quarantined Items. You can choose to restore it, but it's probably going to be detected and quarantined again the first time you run a scan. I would advise you send the file to McAfee (there's an option for that) so they can have a look at it.

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Re: Unable to allow a file through McAfee

The way to report the false +ve if you are sure it is 1 is shown here

https://community.mcafee.com/message/286813#286813

0 Kudos