cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
responsa
Level 7

URGENT--- False Positive on Responsa Project products: False Artemis!D62C4A77513C

Jump to solution

our application version 23 is mistakenly detected as a virus.

how is it possible to add it to the genereal trusteed list?

previous versions were not detected as virus infected.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Re: URGENT--- False Positive on Responsa Project products: False Artemis!D62C4A77513C

Jump to solution

They emailed me to say the detection is now whitelisted and I asked you to confirm the issue has been fixed.

Peter says it has have you confirmed it yourself?.

In future if you get no fix in 4 days after receiving an analysis ID post in a thread or message myself and we mods will chase the detection up with the lab guys.

0 Kudos
32 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: URGENT--- False Positive on Responsa Project products: False Artemis!D62C4A77513C

Jump to solution

Hi please look here:  Detection Dispute Submission | McAfee Labs

Also you coul follow the advice given here: 

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

or if corporate

Detection Dispute Submission | McAfee Labs

If you do it correctly you should get an immediate reply and in it an analysis id number. If no fix in 4 days post back with the number and we will escalate it.

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

Gees wish we had a check who is on what post at least answer same

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

So do I.  ;-)

0 Kudos
responsa
Level 7

Jump to solution

Dear ,

Thanks for your advice. we sent "McAfee Detection Dispute Submission Form".

Expecting for a prompt reply....

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

You should have received a confirmation from McAfee Labs with a Analysis ID #, if submitted correctly.

Could you confirm if this is the case please? After allowing the Appropiate time as PK mentioned, is when you can post back the Analysis ID #. Then we can contact someone from McAfee Labs on your behalf, and escalate the process.

All the very Best

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
responsa
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am not received a confirmation from McAfee...

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

I was concerned that was the case. Did you follow these instructions?

When submitting samples via E-mail all samples must be packaged in a .ZIP file.

Additionally, any .ZIP file created must be password-protected (encrypted) using the password "infected" (minus the "") - using the basic or default zipping level - some compression software offers varying degrees.  Failure to follow these guidelines will cause your submission to be rejected.

If you've done that properly an automated response should be received almost immediately, followed by a manual one, usually within 24 - 48 hours.

If you don't receive anything it either means the file was submitted incorrectly or the response is sitting in your Junk or Spam mail folders.

These instructions and more are in the FAQ,s provided.

or

You may try submitting it by running the Getsusp  Tool.

Add your email address under "Preferences" before scanning.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
responsa
Level 7

Jump to solution

during trial of sending the *.exe our organization firewall blocked the Email. another trial through Gmail gave the same results.

change file name esxtension from EXE to TXT + zipping with passsword - worked.

I received an ID 9312267 that it seems to be related to TXT file but not to real EXE. Am i right? if so what is the next step?

0 Kudos