cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Trojan warning keeps popping up

My computer seems to have just been hit up, I got a Trojan warning sign saying that a trojan had been stopped I quickly turned off my computer and restarted after a while hopping to do a scan and solve the problem.

However it had only began once my computer was back up after every ten seconds a mcafee pop up would come up and say trojan blocked and it would keep showing over and over again. My background had also changed to a dark gray color, I quickly ran to do a scan but it appears to have come up with nothing I then got a bock come up that had the just ok button for options as it said this.

Attention system detected a potental hazard (Trojan SPM/LX) on your computer that may infect executable files. Your private information and PC saftey is at risk. To get rid of unwanted spyware and keep your computer safe you need to update your current security software click ok to download officaial intrsuion detection system (IDS Software).

I just clicked the x buttion anyway it obvious I'm having trouble if anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it.
4 Replies

Same thing happened to me last night

The very same thing happened to my desktop computer last night. Do a "Search" and you will find multiple forum topics on this. I'll be following this thread to see if anything new is offered.

RE: Same thing happened to me last night

That wierd I guess it not just me.

Locked Out

OK. By this afternoon the Trojan SPM/LX had downloaded fake spybot software and it kept popping up on my desktop. I attempted to go into safe mode to run spybot search and destroy. Couldn't get into safe mode at first so I managed to get into the msconfig and changed the boot sequence to safe. Next time I started up I got the blue screen of death. It has also managed to block any administrator privileges I had so I couldn't even access the msconfig with Secured2k's Boot CD in order to set it back to normal. I need help here. Someone please advise.
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 5

RE: Locked Out

If you can't do anything the answer is to format the hard drive and reinstall Windows.

Unless you can get into "Safe Mode with Networking" which gives you the internet in Safe Mode. Then you could download MBAM and run it in Safe Mode. Update it first and let it delete anything it finds.
http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

For those that can do something I recommend Secured2k's Boot CD, any issues with it, post in that thread: http://community.mcafee.com/showthread.php?t=231079&highlight=bootcd