cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Trojan found within Wild Tangent

When I did the scan this morning, McAfee quarantineed the following (listed as a "Trojan"):

File Name: C:\PROGRAM FILES\WILDTANGENT\APPS\DELL GAME CONSOLE\DOWNLOADS\INSTALLERS\{6B6A7665-DB-48-4762-AB5D-BEEB9E.1CD7FA}.EXE

However, it didn't automatically "fix" the file, nor will it let me delete it. It's just "quarantineed" at the moment. :confused::mad:

I was just wondering what kind of damage this trojan could have caused (recording keystrokes, etc.) or if it's still "active" and potentially harmful if it's only quarantineed (and, if so, how can I get rid of the sucker).

I'm also wondering if I really need Wildtangent or is there someway you can get rid of it as well (apparently you use it for games, but considering I'm not a "gamer" - the only game I play on here is Solitaire - I think I could live without it). Thanks.
Labels (2)
3 Replies

RE: Trojan found within Wild Tangent

hi,

i have little information about this file... but if i'm not mistaken it's a game or a console for online games...

to get rid of this item in the quarantine please do the following:

1. open your security center
  2. click on advanced menu (lower left corner)
  3. ck on restore
  4. click on programs files and cookies, then put a check on the items
  5. click on remove (lower right side under i want to)
  6. do the same for the file options (upper right corner)

hope this helps...

by the way to confirm if the infection is still in your system try to run another full scan.

That worked (and it didn't pop up when I did a second scan), thanks!
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

Glad you are OK.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community