cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trojan cannot be removed

I ran a full scan on 6/16/09 and it found 3 trojans. Two were quarantined. For Artemis!BB99D3D4E2C8 (trojan), McAfee said that it cannot be removed. I ran the scan because everyone in my contact list received a message with the subject of "Hi". The content of the message was:
Dear potential partner,
Do you need famous brand of electronic products with original quality and international warranty? Do you want to start your own business career for money making ? What ever you are a small personal business or largest wholesale entity we also can provide your support to be our stable customers or agent.
We are largest wholesale business on consumming electronic products between America&China, laptops, Digital camera Videos,GPS,cellphone,mp4,game console and many other electronic products.which market is mainly in Europe,America,south Asia,Australia and Southen America.There is much profit for you if you are our stable customer or agent.
For more information please contact as bellow :
Address:N0.15,Haidian District shangdi information road Beijing ,China
Tel(Fax):+861081836757
phone: +8615101621070
MSN:sangefa-vip@hotmail.com
E-mail: sangefa@188.com
WEB : www.sangefa.com
*********************************************************************************
The trojan also turned on my vacation reply option and sent a message to any of my contacts who tried to contact me. I don't understand why McAfee cannot remove this trojan. It's still on my system and continues to send email to my contacts on a daily basis. Very annoying and frustrating.
Labels (2)
8 Replies

HI..

check if this helps: http://community.mcafee.com/showpost.php?p=564389&postcount=2

also, for your concern to get better attention, kindly repost it under Virus Removal Discussions. thanks.

Thanks for the advice

I downloaded the free software as suggested. Between them, more than 200 defects were found and removed. Now I'll wait and hope that there are no repeats of the bogus messages. I have my fingers, toes, and eyes crossed.

RE: Thanks for the advice

I have my fingers, toes, and eyes crossed.

lol. hope they are gone now..:)

Repost to Virus Removal Discussions

How do I repost my thread? Do I have to re-enter it under Virus Removal Discussions?

RE: Repost to Virus Removal Discussions

i assume you're having the same problems..?:confused:

i'll just flag this thread and inform any of the forum admins to move this under virus removal discussions..

No problem

There has been no recurrence of my Trojan problem. The reason for my previous note was to learn how to do as you suggested when you wrote, "also, for your concern to get better attention, kindly repost it under Virus Removal Discussions." Thanks for your prompt and effective reply to my posting.

No problem..

lol.. i thought you're having the same problems..:D

How do I repost my thread? Do I have to re-enter it under Virus Removal Discussions?

---Yes. Or sometimes, if a mcafee volunteer/admin saw any posts like this, they will just move it to where it should be to get better attention..:)
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 9 of 9

RE: Trojan cannot be removed

Thread moved...:)