cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Thousands of Suspicious Connections Blocked

Hi!
I have recently purchased a one year McAfee LiveSafe, and I had a pop-up saying " Incoming suspicious network connection blocked", and it came from a deveoper of a video game I was playing, so I didn't worry about it. I went to the list of connections that were blocked just in case, the Security History, and it projected that 3,523 connections were blocked, 1,053 so far today alone, and all of them had an IP Address. I looked about 5 of these IP Addresses up, and they were all from around the world (Australia, Sweden, Mexico, Ukraine, etc.), and even though I'm protected, I am worried about how I am recieving these requests, so I can stop them in the future. Does anyone have this issue also, and if so, can it be solved? What is it anyways, is it some sort of worm?
Thanks for reading this!

Labels (3)
Tags (1)
2 Replies
McAfee Employee dvarnell
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Thousands of Suspicious Connections Blocked

Hello Mister_E, 

Would you mind sharing the name of the game, and if you know how it connects online users together? Typically, the player will connect to a server hosted by the developer somewhere, but sometimes there can be something like a P2P connection where users connect directly to each other.

Re: Thousands of Suspicious Connections Blocked

Thanks for responding!
The game is called War Thunder, and the specific one came from the "Gaijin smart launcher", I noted this because it was the only one that notified me without me going into McAfee, I was able to see thousands of random IP addresses in my Security History. In fact, I got another notification earlier today (the second time so far). However, I am not sure if this is the exact cause because, as soon as I checked the McAfee free trial (I now have the full version for a year), the suspicious connections began as soon as I connected to the internet for the first time when I got this computer for Christmas. The total number of suspicous attempted connections has risen to nearly 4,000.
I hoped this helped clear some info a little bit!