Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

Suspicious activity on my laptop?

I have a windows 8 laptop with Mcafee on it, and I got a pop up yesterday after downloading a game from CNET saying 'Top arcade hits' I closed it immediately, but then suspicious activity was happening, for instance, my browser would close itself every 2 minutes, my computer started to get a bit slower and so on. I uninstalled the game I downloaded. Then I went to control panel, Programs, then uninstall a program. I uninstalled 'top free arcade hits' and other things that were downloaded because of it. I then went into my browser (google chrome) and went to extensions, I deactivated and uninstalled the 'top free arcade hits' extension. I'm doing a scan now, and i'm half way there, so far no viruses have been detected. Do you think i'm safe?

1 Reply

Re: Suspicious activity on my laptop?

No best to scan also with Stinger and getsusp (mcafee products) and malwarebytes (free) do not install the trial of the pro version it will clash with Mcafee.

Add your email addy to the preferences of getsusp so they (mcafee) can report on what was found

See here

McAfee Communities: Anti-Spyware/Malware & Hijacker Tools

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community