cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Virus information

Jump to solution

Dear all

recently I see strange file named "texar" looks like recycle bin and other file named "autorun.inf" in my computers they are hidden,

those two files copies themselves to any USB flash disk plugged into the computer.

though Mcafee DAT is recent in all computers but it is not detecting those file!!!!!

We are using:

Virus and spyware protection service

Firewall protection service

Operating System:

XP SB2

XP SB3

can anyone help please

Shamsan

Message was edited by: Shamsan Ammari on 1/28/11 7:19:33 PM GMT+03:00

Message was edited by: Shamsan Ammari on 1/28/11 7:20:56 PM GMT+03:00
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Strange Virus information

Jump to solution

Shamsan,

For now, please click on the following link, download and install a copy of Malwarebytes Antimalware.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/

Update and then run a scan with it and see if it finds anything. That should probably take care of any possible infections your machine may have. Now coming back to the Artemis settings, I am assuming that you are currently using the McAfee SaaS Endpoint Protection. If this is right, then please log on to www.mcafeeasap.com

Your username is your email that you used to register with McAfee and the password should have been already sent to you. If you do not have th password, just key in the email and hit " forgot password". The system will instantly send you the password. Once you are logged in, please click on the POLICIES tab and then select Desktop Protection policies.

Here, you can create a new policy. Please set it up as per your requirements and I would suggest you to keep the Artemis at High or Very high. ( Very high may give you false positives, please use caution).

Do let me know if I can help you in configuring your policies.

Sameer

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Jump to solution

Shamsan,

Do you see those files ONLY in the USB drives or have you stumbled upon them in your computer elsewhere as well ?

Under McAfee, What is the Artemis level that you have set. It might be useful if you could bump the Artemis seting ot high or Very high and then try and scan the computer. Please post the results so that I can offer you different options in case this one goes in vain.

Sameer

Jump to solution

Dear Sameer

thank you

Only those files in the USB

as I said we are using

Virus and spyware protection service

Firewall protection service

which doesn't have Artemis level

what I need is remover or I want to know the virus name

Thank you

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Shamsan,

For now, please click on the following link, download and install a copy of Malwarebytes Antimalware.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/

Update and then run a scan with it and see if it finds anything. That should probably take care of any possible infections your machine may have. Now coming back to the Artemis settings, I am assuming that you are currently using the McAfee SaaS Endpoint Protection. If this is right, then please log on to www.mcafeeasap.com

Your username is your email that you used to register with McAfee and the password should have been already sent to you. If you do not have th password, just key in the email and hit " forgot password". The system will instantly send you the password. Once you are logged in, please click on the POLICIES tab and then select Desktop Protection policies.

Here, you can create a new policy. Please set it up as per your requirements and I would suggest you to keep the Artemis at High or Very high. ( Very high may give you false positives, please use caution).

Do let me know if I can help you in configuring your policies.

Sameer

View solution in original post

Jump to solution

Thank you  Sameer

Malwarebytes remove it

but as we purchased Mcafee, I think it supposed to solve it.

thank you again

Jump to solution

Shamsan,

I know when we put faith and money into something we do tend to have expectations. McAfee should have removed the software but its just that there are way too many variants of malware and the increasing trend is .. Bad guys especially incorporate new and new methods to trick the known players in the industry but I am sure all this will get better soon.

Cheers

Sameer

Jump to solution

Dear Sameer,

your help is one of the expectations we did tend to have. I think Mcafee should appreciate that as much as I do.

Also we can say Mcafee is the best...

Thank you very much.

Shamsan

Message was edited by: Shamsan Ammari on 2/5/11 7:42:54 PM GMT+03:00

Jump to solution

Thank you  and All the best

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community