cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fannatik
Level 7

Steam Issue Artemis!891624CA69E0

Ok so ive read all the posts on how to inform McAfee about a possible false positive. Unfortunately sending them an 11gb file is out of the question. Short of uninstalling McAfee is there anyway to work around this? Its blocking my install of games bought threw steam on my system. I enjoy using McAfee but if i cant install my games without uninstalling McAfee il just use another provider.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Mal09
Level 12

Re: Steam Issue Artemis!891624CA69E0

Do you have a scan log or similar that shows the actual detection? It's most likely on a particular file, rather than the 11Gb file.

0 Kudos
SamSwift
Level 12

Hi,

I'll ask one of the team to look at this for you and report back, I can see we have already had a sample sent in so there's no need for you to submit yours.

Kind regards,

Sam

Message was edited by: Samantha Price on 5/5/10 5:33:41 AM CDT
0 Kudos
raasco
Level 7

Any answers yet?  I'm getting the same issue while installing Steam games.

0 Kudos
nownitin
Level 12

Hi,

we are working on your issue and once evaluated, will update you further with the results.

Regards,

Nitin Kumar

McAfee SME

0 Kudos
nownitin
Level 12

Hi,

McAfee Labs researchers have examined the file in question and no malware was found.

McAfee  Artemis technology provides real-time protection that secures enterprises and consumers from threats as they strike and much quicker than traditional signatures can be deployed. As Artemis is updated in real-time there is no requirement to wait for a full DAT update nor to use an EXTRA.DAT intermediate solution. Simply wait approximately 30 minutes and this false will no longer exist or trigger on your system. Depending on the network settings you have or the caching involved between your system and ours it may take slightly longer for this false alarm to be resolved.

Regards,

Nitin Kumar

McAfee SME

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Marking this thread as 'Assumed Answered' Also locking it as it is over (5) years old.

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos