cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Socrydo Detection

Hi Everyone, in the past weeks i have been getting quite a few Socrydo detection.

But  when you search for Socrydo in Network Security – Virus Alerts | McAfee Threat Center you get nothing.

And when you search thru the home support you get this Socrydo | Threat Profile & Definition | McAfee Inc. Which is not quite helpfull.

Anybody can point in the good direction.

10 Replies
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 11

Re: Socrydo Detection

Is this a consumer product or business?  (So I can redirect this thread to the appropriate spot).

Probably your best bet would be to run GetSusp and fill in your email address in Preferences to receive a response from the labs.

Also there may some useful tools you could try here: 

Highlighted

1. Corporate

2. Getsusp gives nothing.

3. All threats points to random executables downloaded via a browser most of the times.

Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 11

OK - moved this to Corporate User Assistance where hopefully someone will suggest what toi do next.

Reliable Contributor SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 11

How can i know.

I would have to log on one system, extract the quarantined files and upload to virustotal to possibly match the detection?

What i am looking for is more of a threat description for now, good thing McAfee is detecting something and deleting it but it would be good

to know whats going on. Especially since it appears to have been quite a few system hit with the detection.

McAfee reported Socrydo as a potentially malicious program this morning - while Windows update was trying to install an (apparently) important program intended to... track down malicious programs. Hmmm...

I'll leave it with you...

Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 11

calenture wrote:

McAfee reported Socrydo as a potentially malicious program this morning - while Windows update was trying to install an (apparently) important program intended to... track down malicious programs. Hmmm...

I'll leave it with you...

That would have been the "Patch Tuesday" update to the Malicious Software Removal Tool (MRT) which Microsoft issues every month.   Coincidence I would imagine as McAfee would never detect it as malware.

Toronto ▪ Canada
Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Removal Tools

Windows later reported that the Malicious Software Removal Tool had been successfully installed, so the Socrydo alert does indeed seem to have been, as you say, coincidence.

Reliable Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Good luck 😉

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community