I have Macfee Internet Security 3 users product installed in my machines.
One of my computer got infected. When I tried to login to TDAmeritrade 10 days ago, I was prompted to provide SSN and Bdate to verify. So my importand data got stolen.
Since then when I ran Mcafee scan on my infected computer, Mcafee found a Trojan named Artemis!213CE45046A9 which can't be quarantined or removed.
This item is found in C:\Users\"My Login Name"\AppData\Temp\2499118097.NFS
I have done the following things, but none of them works..
1) Chat with the rep of Mcafee, he recommeded to run the free scan online -- can't found anything
2) try to remove it manully -- Destination folder access denied
3) start computer from the installation CD and use "bootrec /fixmbr", "bootrec /fixboot" to restore the master boot record and run Mcafee scan again -- same result, can't be quarantined or removed, can't be deleted manully
4) Rename the file "2499118097.NFS", start computer, 2499118097.NFS is created again in the same location
5) with the Internet connection, run Mcafee scan, this Trojan is found. But without the Internet connection, run Mcafee scan, Mcafee can't found it.
I really don't know what to do next.
Thanks for your anwer!!
Analysis ID is 5871787.
Upon analysis the file submitted does not appear to contain one of the 200,000 known
threats in the AutoImmune database.
If this one is not, I don't know my machine is still infected.
We have suppressed this file, please let us know if the issue has been fixed?
Security Awareness SME