cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dkelly2784
Level 8

Repeated detection and quarantine of artemis!192304424CF9. Help!

Guys,

I run Mcafee Security Suite on my PC and it repeatedly detects and quarantines artemis!192304424CF9.

I suspect the quarantine is not removing the substantive problem file.

I have tried to follow the instructions in McAfee Community posts on artemis files and cannot follow them--instructions that don't compute, like links that don't work and advice to "select 'Preferences before scanning"--I can't find any "Preferences", so I assume the advice is out of date.

Can anybody help me out here?  Trying to permanently get rid of artemis!192304424CF9.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Repeated detection and quarantine of artemis!192304424CF9. Help!

Artemis is the designation the software gives to unknowns.  You should be able to identify where it's coming from by checking the quarantine folder.  Open software, go to Navigation : Quarantined and Trusted Items.

If it's an incorrect finding, follow these guidelines: 

0 Kudos
dkelly2784
Level 8

Hey Brit!

Thanks for quickly responding--but I can't tell where it's coming from by checking the Quarantine folder.  I opened the Mcafee Quarantine folder and saw the series of threat name, affected items, etc., but didn't see any file location or other infpo re where it's coming from.  I clicked on the threat name link and got a Macafee Search Results page saying "Sorry, we found 0 results matching your search criteria. Read the search tips below and try again."

Please tell me what I am doing wrong.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

If it's repeatedly being detected that means it's being reinserted on your hard drive repeatedly.  Do you have a networked drive or file share system or even a USB stick drive in place?

I'm not really an expert in these matters so I suggest perhaps running a few extra tools.  Scroll down that link I gave to the GetSusp portion and run that but in Preferences first set your email address so the labs can return findings to you.

Then look in the last link below and try running the free version of MalwareBytes.

Toronto ▪ Canada
Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

Consumer Customer Service (Accounts, Billing, Registration, etc.)
Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Tools

0 Kudos