Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Motman
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

RedAdm-PSKill

I have had this deleted a few times when doing virus scan. So, how do I keep it from coming onto my computer in the first place? Is there something else on the computer that brings this PSKill program in?

oops! It's RemAdm-PSKill
Tags (2)
5 Replies

RE: RedAdm-PSKill

Motman

Send the file to the lab,if known.
http://vil.nai.com/vil/submit-sample.aspx
Or
https://www.webimmune.net/default.asp

What operating system/service pack do you have,click start>right click my computer>click on properties>general tab.

What Mcafee products/versions are installed,right click M icon>scroll to each product>click on about>Dat/Engine/Build>or double -click M icon if new version>click on view details

What are the file names that are being flagged by Mcafee.
Motman
Level 7
Message 3 of 6

reply to you --see below

service pack 2 for Windows XP; Security Center 7.2; Personal Firewall 8.2;Privacy Service 9.2; Data Backup 1.2; the file was always found in this area: C:\hp\bin\KillWind.exe
I already deleted the attempted trojan per the McAfee prompt, but, again, it shows up once in awhile. Today it was deleted again--last time, I forwarded it to McAfee after being in Quarantine If you have any info regarding this stuff, please let me know. I wonder if there's something else within the computer that attracts this thing. I do know that when I do full scan on the computer, that it shuts down. It didn't shut down when Rem-Adm was discovered, but once deleted, it now shuts down when I do a full scan, and this also has happened before as well.

RE: reply to you --see below

KillWind.exe is a utility program that HP includes in their software packages.
KillWind.exe is part of BackWeb software.

Backweb is a generic, background downloading tool that software vendors can incorporate into their product to download data (e.g. product updates) to the user's PC. Its operation depends on the instructions given to it by the individual software vendor who bundles it. While this software has been neither exhonorated nor convicted of malice, some aspects of its installation and operation appear suspect. Additionally, some users have associated it with the appearance of unwanted advertising windows.
http://www.cexx.org/dlgli.htm
Motman
Level 7
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for the info

Thanks so much for the info. Sounds like everything is safe to keep on, so I'll let HP access the internet and do updates.

RE: Thanks for the info

Glad we could help.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community