cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mclex16
Level 7

Re-enable GTI

Has anyone re-enabled GTI at this time and if so what are your findings? 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Regis
Level 12

Re: Re-enable GTI

I have it enabled on several products and it's been quiet.   Based on disclosures, the servers that had problems were taken offline so there should be no issues at this point.  

0 Kudos
Travler
Level 10

I left ours Disabled for the weekend.  I've just now set it back to "Low", which is the level we had prior to the server glitch.  If I have any problems, I'll post back here.

0 Kudos
greatscott
Level 12

I would certainly like some sort of explanation what happened. Anyone can speculate on what happened, but I would like to hear it from the mcafee.

Message was edited by: greatscott on 8/6/13 11:37:18 AM CDT
discoscan
Level 7

Yes, we had thousands of files deleted causing our admins additional work and remediation. If this happens again who's to say what it may delete and cause money loss?

What exactly happened to the server?

0 Kudos
brentil
Level 12

My thread is probably a better place to voice those concerns.

https://community.mcafee.com/message/298012

discoscan wrote:

Yes, we had thousands of files deleted causing our admins additional work and remediation. If this happens again who's to say what it may delete and cause money loss?

What exactly happened to the server?

0 Kudos
brentil
Level 12

On topic to the OP we have not enabled GTI/Artemis ourselves because we do not feel there has been a proper response to make us feel it is safe to re-enable.  We have begun investigating using the Quarantine process instead of Delete process for the future possibility to enabling GTI and this happening again, but as of this time we have no intention of enabling it.

0 Kudos