Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Koreya
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

Re: Artemis!F0775F35ADF2 - FALSE POSITIVE

This came with a game that I've downloaded on steam Neverwinter Nights 2 McAffe Remove a trojan call NWN2.EXE.

Can I make it a trusted file on McAfee?

5 Replies

Same issue here.

It appears it may be because the EXE was altered to work with Steam as thats what I have read on other sites but I can't say for certain.

For now I just disable Mcafee (real bad idea) and restore the file from a backup i saved on a thumbdrive (faster than restoring from quarantine and faster than running a check with steam to get file back)

Guess we just need to wait for a resolution from McAfee to get this fixed. Hopefully sooner than later.

I already sent in a copy to webimmune.net but have yet to see a response .. even in the ten minutes they say to give them .. not that I expected to get an answer anyway.

Know what would be FANTASTIC is if McAfee got off their asses and restored the ability for the home user to have some advanced features (aka actual control) like the ability to add file/folders to a whitelist or trusted list.

Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 6

You can send the file to mcafee via the quarantine area send to tab. That worked for 1 poster 3 days ago. Mcafee picked up the detection was false and fixed it up within a day.

Other way is read my post here and email the file to mcafee.

https://community.mcafee.com/message/166984#166984

We mods are trying to get exclusion applied to the real time scanner Custom and scheduled scans have that in the beta but not real time. Yes would be handy.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 3/01/11 7:14:40 PM

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 5/01/11 1:59:46 PM

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 5/01/11 2:00:19 PM

Thanks peacekeeper. I'll have to try using the info in the link you gave to email it to McAfee.

I have sent the file to webimmune.net and they still have not given me a response. I even emailed a reminder after the 10 min mark as requested by their site. Still nothing.

I also sent the file through the send to McAfee button on the Quarantine page.

Thanks again for the help.

Just got a new DAT update from forcing McAfee to update.

Seems they fixed it.

NWN2.EXE no longer is detected as a virus.

Thanks McAfee

edited to correct info

Message was edited by: Sepioth on 1/4/11 8:53:48 PM CST
Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Seems the send to mcafee button might be a good idea to use in the future.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community