cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quarantined

I have a virus that is quarantined, but I'm concerned. I'm wondering, since I have the option, if I can press the 'remove' button.

Because it makes me very nervous just to see that it's there.

Please help.
11 Replies
bua_ako
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 12

RE: Quarantined

can you get the exact location of the file that was quarantined and post it here so we could also look at it.

I don't know the location, but I do know a name, if that will help.

File Name: mouse_block[1].js

Detction Name:HTML/FakeAV (Trojan)
bua_ako
Level 7
Message 4 of 12

ok... tried to research about the file... however it doesn't give me much information... can we get the location of the infection... please do the follwing:

open mcafee, in the lower left side click on advanced menu, then click on restore. in the upper left side click on files then look for the quarantined item... click on it and take note of the details and please post it here...

File Name: mouse_block[1].js

Original Location:
C:\Users\Katharine\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\Content.IES\EJOV8UZB

Quarantined Date: 2/15/2009 6:48:34 PM

Sent to McAfee:
No

Detection Name: HTML/FakeAV (Trojan)

Items:
C:\Users\Katharine\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\Content.IES\EJOV8UZB\mouse_block[1].js

That's what I got. . .
bua_ako
Level 7
Message 6 of 12

you can actually remove that from the quarantined items and just remove it...

just put a check on the item and choose remove (lower right) of the quarantined location of mcafee...

You answered my question! Thank you!

One more, however. Should I be concerned about it attacking my computer later?
bua_ako
Level 7
Message 8 of 12

gald to have helped...

yes there is a possibility... please be careful when you visit webistes e.g. online games, movies, music as this type of infection can automatically get into the system if you install an online game that may have an infection... happy not really sure though of which game... try googling the detected filename to find more information... 🙂

for added protection please try downloading and installing superantispyware @ http://www.superantispyware.com

It won't corrupt McAfee will it?

Just making sure. . .

no... mcafee thogh should be able to detect and quarantine the same file... please make sure that you are always up-to-date with mcafee...

also make it a point that you run a full scan at least twice a week... happy