Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 27

Re: Problems with senseless detection by Mcafee

On another thread someone said that NSIS had been cleared by the labs but if that were the case then why all the sudden rush of detection reports.    My labs contact tells me to advise people to keep submitting for clearance and hopefully it will eventually be sorted out.

It is true that NSIS installer which is a tool is no longer detected as a threat by Mcafee, however the programs that use NSIS installer are being detected as a threat only by Mcafee, I will make sure another submission will happen later today. Thank you for the time taken

Reliable Contributor
Message 13 of 27

Good luck 😉

Still the problem is not solved. Here is the new thread

Reliable Contributor
Message 15 of 27

Well you' have to wait until the software is analyzed and hopefully cleared.  Not much point making a new thread until they act on yours and other peoples' submissions.

Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Message 16 of 27

Evidently the McAfee Lab Techs are inundated with Detections. For I have pinged a couple of them myself, yet so far have not been Processed/Cleared. Then again with over 150,000 (Plus) detected daily, I can understand the delay.

For there for a while here recently, were quick to resolve. Or as you stated here back, sometimes comes in "Spurts".

I must add also, then again I never have had to (Walk in their shoes) , if you will.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Reliable Contributor
Message 17 of 27

Also I see lots of detections pertaining to NSIS on VirusTotal and from quite a lot of security software makers, not just McAfee, which leads me to believe, as I think I said earlier either here or on another similar thread, that NSIS possibly needs to resubmit their software for approval by the various companies.

Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Message 18 of 27

I totally agree, and if I am not mistaken you did indeed mention that.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

I get your point but I have dealt with Symantec for many times over the past few weeks and they have always white listed within a day or two, or at lease a response. Also the other AVs do the same when it comes to white listing. Mcafee couldn't possibly be that busy that they ignore all these NSIS related submissions. One thing is clear that I have never walked in their shoes either, but if I did, nsis would be cleared

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Message 20 of 27

Well except people are sending in samples of all kinds of software that used NSIS, but has NSIS really done anything?  They are the ones who need to clear their software.