cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Malware

Hello!

I am having consistent pop-ups appear on my internet, whether its opening a tab on being on the same page and clicking anywhere on the screen.

It appears that I can't remove it with McAfee, but I would like to know how if there is a way.

I have tried multiple malware removers and Malwarebytes is the only one that has successfully blocked it, but I have yet to find a way to remove the malware from my computer.

I am also unable to open McAfee on my computer. I double click and nothing happens.

I believe the problems are connected.

Any advice helps,

Thanks!

13 Replies
Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 14

Re: Problem with Malware

​,

Moved from Support Forums to Home User Assistance > Discussions

Does the Malware/Adware have a particular Name/Description? I would run the McAfee Getsusp Tool (First) and upload the detection to the McAfee Global Threat Intelligence Base. Then follow up by running Malwarebytes AdwCleaner. Both of these Superb tools and more can be obtained here;

If all else fails, please run the following tool ;

ZEMANA ANTIMALWARE DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will start the download of “Zemana AntiMalware”)Double-click on the file named “Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.exe” to start the installation of Zemana AntiMalware.

Please inform us of your results, and we can proceed further if needed.

All the Best,

Cliff/CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

unfortunately since I cannot open my McAfee Total Protection, I will try to use Zemana and see what comes up

Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 14

​,

When running the (Zemana AntiMalware Tool) please select all detections to be removed, Restart and allow your system ample time to fully load. Kindly inform us if it helped.

Thanks,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Hello CD,

I have run Zemana and oddly enough it has come up with a clean system scan.

The problem still  persists on random websites.

Thank again for your help.

Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 14

Can you now open your McAfee Security Center?

If you indeed can do so, please 'Check for updates'

Since you are still experiencing an issue on random Sites? I would suggest that you revert back to a earlier point in time ( System Restore), when you had no issues. Of course make certain all of your updates are current, to include Windows/Add-ons.

Then to make sure, I would rescan your system to make certain, nothing untoward is going on.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
macchu
Level 7
Message 7 of 14

catdaddy wrote:

eloisadn,

Moved from Support Forums to Home User Assistance > Discussions

Does the Malware/Adware have a particular Name/Description? I would run the McAfee Getsusp Tool (First) and upload the detection to the McAfee Global Threat Intelligence Base. Then follow up by running Malwarebytes AdwCleaner. Both of these Superb tools and more can be obtained here; Anti-Spyware/Malware & Hijacker Tools

If all else fails, please run the following tool ;

ZEMANA ANTIMALWARE DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will start the download of “Zemana AntiMalware”)Double-click on the file named “Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.exe” to start the installation of Zemana AntiMalware.

Please inform us of your results, and we can proceed further if needed.

All the Best,

Cliff/CD

thanks for your guide. I face the same issue with eloisadn. I could scan and remove Trojan from my pc , no more pop-up but another problem arises. When i visit some websites (mostly Alexa ranks of >1,000,000), my browser (Chrome) automatically redirects to some dating/ad sites. I try all scanning and reinstalling my browser but it doesn't work.

Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 14

​,

If one does not wish to revert back to a point in time, that you did not experience these issues? Then I would recommend that you run the 'FarBar Recovery' Tool and post the logs to the (Experts) on the BleepingComputer Forum.

It may take a bit for them to get your issue resolved, however it is (Free)

Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (Windows 10 compatible)

Post logs to Bleeping Computer Forums (read the guidelines first):

Bleeping Computer

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 14

​,

Of course you also could Contact McAfee TechMaster, which is a paid service to Examine/Troubleshoot/Remove Virus,s. There is also a (Free)  Diagnostic scan of your system available.

McAfee Consumer Support

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Reliable Contributor
Message 10 of 14

Marking this discussion as 'Assumed Answered', as there is no further correspondence. If you still need assistance, please create another thread.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community