cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible Trojan

Hi,
Last week I downloaded a program caller aTube Catcher, which allows you to download videos from youtube. I have installed the program on my new laptop, and also my partner's laptop. We both use McAfee, and installed the program without any problems.

However this evening I was using a USB with the aTube Installer file on it, and AVG (On my home computer) detected it as a Trojan - PWS Banker.

I have done some research on the trojan, and I am now worried that both our laptops are now infected!

So firstly, what should we do to ensure we do not have the trojan, and secondly where did it come from!

Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated!
Cheers Jason
Labels (2)
3 Replies
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

RE: Possible Trojan

That's AVG anti-spyware that detected it? Just asking because you shouldn't be running two anti-virus applications at the same time.

Download, update and run the free versions of these two tools:

http://www.superantispyware.com/superantispywarefreevspro.html
http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

Let them remove anything they find.

Also keep Windows right up to date at all times.

Thanks Peter,
No I'm only running McAfee on my laptop. I have AVG anti-virus installed on my home computer, which detected the trojan on my USB.
I'll download those files now and scan my computer! happy
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

OK, good luck.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community