cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
taishuru
Level 7

Possible False Positive - Artemis!FC994777920C

Jump to solution

The McAfee Anti-Virus Plus instantly quarantines the STARTGAME.EXE of a game named Heroes of Fate. The game file can be downloaded at fate.herogaming.net. I tried scanning the RAR file the STARTGAME.EXE is in, but no detections were found. Only after extracting into the file path Libraries/Documents/HeroesOfFateV8/client does the McAfee detects and quarantines it. I hope this information is relevent in your determination of the file.

Please allow me to ask that you lend me some assistance in determining whether the file is really a virus or just a false positive.

Thank for lending your time and efforts.

Message was edited by: taishuru on 8/25/12 1:17:45 AM CDT
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
showvik
Level 12

Re: Possible False Positive - Artemis!FC994777920C

Jump to solution

Hi,

Artemis!FC994777920C has been suppressed. Please allow up to 2 hours for the update to reflect in Artemis system.

Regards,

Showvik

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

Submit the file to Mcafee as per

http://vil.nai.com/vil/submit-sample.aspx

When the auto reply says you are infected reply to the email changing the subject to False +ve and name of detection.

Post the analysis id here and if no reply in say 3 days post back and I will pind a lab tech.

0 Kudos
showvik
Level 12

Jump to solution

Hi,

We are analyzing this file and as soon as the analysis completes, we will post an update here.

Regards,

Showvik

0 Kudos
showvik
Level 12

Jump to solution

Hi,

Artemis!FC994777920C has been suppressed. Please allow up to 2 hours for the update to reflect in Artemis system.

Regards,

Showvik

0 Kudos
taishuru
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you very much for your assistance in this matter.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Marking this thread as 'Correctly Answered' as McAfee Labs has Suppressed/Whitelisted the detection. Locking also as it is over (3) years old.

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos