cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
figurz
Level 7

'Possible False Positive - Artemis!E3C2ADFE1B78

msls51.dll

This file is repeatedly quarantined as a trojan. I have scanned with malware bytes and superantispyware, neither of them have a problem with it.

When the file is quarentined I have no desktop or explorer. Only way not to quarantine is to turn off live scanning.

Using Security Centre 10

No winzip on this  .bup file attached instead

Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
nchattop
Level 12

Re: 'Possible False Positive - Artemis!E3C2ADFE1B78

Hi

Could you please provide some more information about what file is this? How did you get this file?

Regards

Neha Chattopadhyay

McAfee SME

0 Kudos
figurz
Level 7

MSLS51.DLL seems to be a system file, it resides in /windows/system32.

It was classed as an Artemis file at the end of last week following a Mcafee update. No other changes had been made to the pc in question for several months.

If I restore the file and turn off live scanning system starts fine. With the file quarantined I get error messages for userinit.exe, lsass.exe and windows.exe, pc starts with blue screen and have to use task manager to run apps.

Paul

0 Kudos
nchattop
Level 12

Hi

McAfee Labs researchers have examined the file in question and no malware was found.

Solution -

As Artemis is updated in real-time there is no requirement to wait for a full DAT update nor to use an EXTRA.DAT intermediate solution. Simply wait approximately 30 minutes and this false will no longer exist or trigger on your system. Depending on the network settings you have or the caching involved between your system and ours it may take slightly longer for this false alarm to be resolved.

Please send us a sample for analysis, in a password-protected ZIP file (password - infected).
You can find detailed instructions for how to do this at <http://vil.mcafeesecurity.com/vil/submit-sample.aspx>

Regards

Neha Chattopadhyay

McAfee SME

0 Kudos
SamSwift
Level 12

Marking as assumed answered. Please let us know if the issue is not resolved.

Thanks,

Sam

0 Kudos