cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pnlancaster
Level 7

Possible False Positive - Artemis!D96B20D66A27

Hi,

Having a problem with Mcafee quarentining the exe for a game I've been playing for ages.

The folder location is:   C:\Program Files (x86)\SubaGames\ACEonline. I've even tried taking off 2 other works computer (one with symantec and one with trend micro) both allow the file however it gets deleted as soon as it comes onto my home PC.

Please could you rectify.

BR

Philip

0 Kudos
8 Replies
pnlancaster
Level 7

Re: Possible False Positive - Artemis!D96B20D66A27

Forgot to add..sendinf zip file to the email address virus_research@avertlabs.com quoted in the https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-1265 link.

How long will it take to fix? Update?

0 Kudos
pnlancaster
Level 7

Submitted:

McAfee Labs - Beaverton                                                               

Current Scan Engine Version:5400.1158                                                 

Current DAT Version:6531.0000                                                         

Thank you for your submission.                                                        

Analysis ID: 6794164

File Name            Findings                       Detection                    Type         Extra

--------------------|------------------------------|----------------------------|------------|-----

aceonline.exe       |heuristic detection           |beav-new malware.x          |Virus       |no  

heuristic detection [aceonline.exe]

The file submitted may be malware. This file is being sent for further processing and 

the DAT files will potentially be updated if detection of this sample is warranted.

Ok...how long does the next part take "further procesing"?

Cheers

Philip

0 Kudos
Hayton
Level 18

Give it a few days - don't forget it's holiday time in the States, a lot of staff will be away until Monday. Check back if you've heard nothing by Tuesday or Wednesday.

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

If no fix by Tuesday 1 of us can ping a lab tech and fast track the checking if needed.

0 Kudos
pnlancaster
Level 7

OK..No update as yet. Still having to turn Mcafee off so that I can play my game

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Did you get a receipt email and is there a detection number attached?

0 Kudos
pnlancaster
Level 7

Hi,

all I have is a email from virus_research@avertlabs.com saying:

McAfee Labs - Beaverton                                                               

Current Scan Engine Version:5400.1158                                                 

Current DAT Version:6531.0000                                                         

Thank you for your submission.                                                        

Analysis ID: 6794164

File Name            Findings                       Detection                    Type         Extra

--------------------|------------------------------|---------------------------- |------------|-----

aceonline.exe       |heuristic detection           |beav-new malware.x          |Virus       |no  

heuristic detection [aceonline.exe]

The file submitted may be malware. This file is being sent for further processing and 

the DAT files will potentially be updated if detection of this sample is warranted.

still waiting.

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

If no reply today I will flag this. Did you reply to that email saying it is a false +ve and you want it looked at?

0 Kudos