cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rixanu
Level 7

Possible False Positive - Artemis!6926E0BE2D3B

This pertains to the main executable for the game "Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries", called MW4MERCS.EXE. This is the latest version of the game (51.03.01.0026), and the path is C:\Program Files (x86)\mektek.net\Mechwarrior Mercenaries-Mektek Mekpak\MW4MERCS.exe. I am unable to run the game, as McAfee quarantines this file every time I try to run it. I've already sent an email about the issue, Service ID 6118683. I'd apperciate this resolved ASAP. Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Rixanu
Level 7

Re: Possible False Positive - Artemis!6926E0BE2D3B

Update: McAfee has just quarantined "MECHWARRIOR4MERCENARIES.51.03.01.0025.TO.51.03.01.0026.MTX" in "C:\Program Files (x86)\mektek.net\MTX\temp\GAMES" during a scheduled scan. It was listed as Artemis!6926E0BE2D3B, exactly the same as MW4MERCS.exe. This is getting very irritating, and I'd appreciate a response on the issue.

0 Kudos
fireman1155
Level 7

I am having the same issue.  I disabled the AV and game plays but as soon as AV is enabled the file is removed by McAfee.  I tried looking at various forums but no luck.  What do we have to do to get it working?

0 Kudos
IceNinja
Level 7

Same issue here. My MW4Mercs.exe is being quarantined by McAfee with the following Artemis!6926E0BE2D3B detection.

Artemis!6926E0BE2D3B

File: E:\Program Files\mektek.net\Mechwarrior Mercenaries - Mektek Mekpak\MW4MERCS.EXE

@fireman1155.. They will whitelist the file and McAfee will automatically correct the false detection.So you do not need to do anything just wait till they check the file etc.

I ran a system scan with SUPERAntiSpyware yeaterday and no problems were found . Please let me know if you need a copy of the file.

It`s been 2 days now and no one from McAfee has responded to this post.

Thanks

IceNinja

Message was edited by: IceNinja on 8/10/10 6:22:19 AM CDT
0 Kudos
vinod_r2
Level 11

Hi All,

Could one of you ( if not all ) submit the file that is being detected to the labs by registering at www.webimmune.net and once done please post back with the submission id.

Regards

Vinod

0 Kudos
IceNinja
Level 7

Hi Vinod,

Thanks for replying to the post. I submitted a zipped copy of the  MW4Mercs.exe file passworded (infected) to www.webimune.com and the submission ID is ID 6149651.

Thanks

IceNinja

Message was edited by: IceNinja on 8/10/10 5:37:15 PM CDT
0 Kudos
nchattop
Level 12

Hi IceNinja,

I have escalated further for suppressing, once its done I will update you further.

Thanks

Neha Chattopadhyay

Mcafee SME

0 Kudos
Rixanu
Level 7

I'll wait for some sort of official confirmation, but the problem seems to be fixed on my end. Thanks for keeping this alive, IceNinja, and thanks to everyone who hepled to fix the problem. I'm sorry if I wasn't much help.

0 Kudos
IceNinja
Level 7

Rixanu you are welcome. I too can confirm that my McAfee Security Suite is no longer detecting the file MW4Mercs.exe as Artemis!6926E0BE2D3B.Thanks to the McAfee Team for fixing the false positive.

Reguards

IceNinja

0 Kudos