Did you mean: 
Don_Martin
Level 11

Possible False Positive - Artemis!557B7643C467

File Name

-MyPhoneExplorer_Setup_1.6.7

Version

Details

-MyPhoneExplorer_Setup_1.6.7.exe\175.nsis (detetcted as Generic.dx!bdzr)

If necessary a sample can be provided

Regards

0 Kudos
7 Replies
showvik
Level 12

Re: Possible False Positive - Artemis!557B7643C467

Hi,

Artemis!557B7643C467 has been reclassified as Potentially Unwanted Program. It does not contain a virus, and is not considered a trojan because it does not damage systems maliciously. However, it may be used as  companion by malicious files to perform malicious activities. If you are using the file internally for a known good purpose, this can be allowed or whitelisted depending on the product you are using.

Generic.dx!bdzr trojan detection will be suppressed with DAT 6890. However, for an immediate resolution, follow one of the sample submission process mentioned in the following link and provide the submission ID here:

http://www.mcafee.com/in/mcafee-labs/resources/how-to-submit-sample.aspx

The E-mail submission method should be suitable here.

Regards,

Showvik

0 Kudos
Don_Martin
Level 11

Hello,

this File is not an essential program we have use for, nevertheless we consider for the well known "Layer-8 problem" the continious checking of programs or Files with artemis! status when found. Therefor I will provide a sample as requested.

Thanks for reply

Regards

EDIT: Sample was provided for virus_research@mcafee.com

automatic Replywith Analysis ID: 7297209

Nachricht geändert durch Don_Martin on 12.11.12 09:44:21 CST
0 Kudos
msi4mahesh
Level 7

Did you ever get a solution to your problem?

0 Kudos
Don_Martin
Level 11

Hello,

I am sorry for that but this happened two years in the past and I do not remember it.

Talk to the user with wich this message came up and like showik mentioned try to figure out wether or not this tool is needed or allowed in your company. At least you should talk to the user what his intention is or was in using/moving/copying this (old Version) tool.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

msi4mahesh wrote:

Did you ever get a solution to your problem?

It's possible you are talking about another Artemis detection, if that is so please start a new thread and make sure the detection number is shown in the header.

Every Artemis detection is different because it's the label the software gives anything detected that is unknown to the database.

0 Kudos
msi4mahesh
Level 7

Yes the problem with Artemis detection is solved but still we do have a problem with another detection and that is being discussed in another thread. However thanks for the reply.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

OK, good luck.  As this thread is old I am locking it..

0 Kudos