cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
whitchp
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Possible False Positive - Artemis!413A67FAA226 (Trojan)

File being detected is MixedInKey.exe version 3.0.1. This is a legitimate program I use for processing music files. I have sent a sample of this to McAfee several times over the past 12 months but have not been able to get a successful resolution from McAfee customer support. Please could somebody help to get this file white-listed? It is a program I need to use but currently I am having to run it on a standalone notebook without Anti-Virus installed which is tedious.

When I send the file sample to virus_research@avertlabs.com, here is the result I get back:

McAfee Labs - Beaverton                                                              

Current Scan Engine Version:5400.1158                                                

Current DAT Version:6614.0000                                                        

Thank you for your submission.                                                       

Analysis ID: 6909103

File Name           Findings                      Detection                   Type         Extra

--------------------|------------------------------|----------------------------|------------|-----

mixedinkey_3.0.1.exe|no malware                    |                            |            |no  

no malware [mixedinkey_3.0.1.exe]                                                              

McAfee Labs hasfound no indications of malicious code. Upon examining the file we    

observed no malicious behavior.                                                      

Note –                                                                               

Due to the prevalence of network gateway AV products, itis important that all        

submissions be zipped and the zip file password-protected(password - infected). Some 

products will reject an email that contains a virus thatis not sent in this way. In  

addition, often we receive a file that appears not tohave been infected, to find     

later that the file was infected when it left the sender,and was cleaned somewhere   

along the line.                                                                      

Regards,                                                                             

McAfee Labs                                                                          

2 Replies
showvik
Level 12
Message 2 of 3

Re: Possible False Positive - Artemis!413A67FAA226 (Trojan)

Hi,

Artemis!413A67FAA226 has been suppressed. Please allow up to 30 minutes for the changes to reflect in Artemis system.

Regards,

Showvik

SamSwift
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 3

Re: Possible False Positive - Artemis!413A67FAA226 (Trojan)

Marking thread as assumed answered - please advise if you are still seeing an issue.

Thanks,

Sam

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community