Utterly confused...have McAfee installed on computer, up to date...did a full system scan...no virsues detected...yet I keep getting a file called mcupdate.exe popping up from Antivirus System Pro telling me I need to download their antivirus software because I have 34 viruses apparently? Any suggestions how I can get rid of this?
Antivirus System Pro:
Try the follwong steps
Please try this:
Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from the link below:
Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
* Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
* The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.
* The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediately.
And IF you are not able to download these tools on your machine, please use a friend or family member's computer and download the Malwarebytes tool and it's manual update from the link below.. Once downloaded, rename the program installer "mbam-setup.exe" file to something else like "Gogetum.exe", then copy the installer file and the update file to a CD or flash drive.. Transfer the file to the problem machine, then install the "Gogetum.exe" file, then run the update to get the program current.. After that, run a full system scan and delete anything it finds.
Malwarebytes Download Link (Clicking on the links below will immediately start the download dialogue window.)
Malwarebytes Manual Updater link
We recently blogged on a malware that is faking itself to be McAfee software. Here's the blog:
Here's our desciption on the Trojan:
Hope this helps point you in the right direction. It may be you have gotten a newer variant of it.