Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
noel996
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Please help! Viruses won’t leave.

Jump to solution

So I had noticed these ads have poped up for a while. Not thinking too much of them. But now I really noticed they’ve been getting more aggressive. Every time I open chrome it changes my search engine to secure search so mcafee web advisor says it is blocked. So I change it back to google. Also when I search things these adventurefeed links pop on top and cookies and links were blocked. Pages would just open like crazy. I can’t even use internet explorer because of how bad it is. I scan my computer with mcafee and nothing is spotted. I’m really worried. Can someone give me advice on where to check?2788D795-5395-40B3-B949-B070ACB1DDE7.jpeg

4C6C90DD-83F4-482F-8013-AEFE8BCA9665.jpeg

A7080FBA-1A9C-462F-B0C0-2D6B4DD2EBBA.jpeg

D3BCCE99-AD92-47F6-B042-744BF7B8F081.jpeg

I tried uninstalling some suspicious apps and reinstalling chrome with no luck. 

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Reliable Contributor bodysoda
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Please help! Viruses won’t leave.

Jump to solution
You need to uninstall the third party unwanted programs from you computer. Mcafee AV doesn't remediation browsers search engine at the moment. You need third party tools to remove the unwanted search engines. Try some suggestions on google and I found one which could help https://www.techsupportall.com/how-to-remove-secure-surf-com-homepage-removal-help/.

Please note: Make sure you know what you are doing to avoid data loss.
In case above information was useful or answered your question, please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give a Kudo. Thanks!
3 Replies
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution
You need to uninstall the third party unwanted programs from you computer. Mcafee AV doesn't remediation browsers search engine at the moment. You need third party tools to remove the unwanted search engines. Try some suggestions on google and I found one which could help https://www.techsupportall.com/how-to-remove-secure-surf-com-homepage-removal-help/.

Please note: Make sure you know what you are doing to avoid data loss.
In case above information was useful or answered your question, please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give a Kudo. Thanks!
Highlighted
noel996
Not applicable
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

So I’ve removed some suspicious programs and used Malwarefox to find some problems. I’ve erased them and so far so good with chrome with only this cookie showing up in picture. I’m afraid of opening internet explorer to trigger unwanted things. I really don’t want to start fresh because of some work files. What’s another precaution action would you recommend besides refresh windows

95C16E5D-B73D-419B-859D-9B56A4D318B2.jpeg

Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution
Glad you could resolve the issues. In regards to cookies, you can clear it using the steps https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en