cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Please help PC acting strange and Mcafee Secuirty Centre will not update?!

Hi

I hope someone on here can help!

The other day i was on my PC and i downloaded an .exe file to try and view a video on a website, the video didnt come on and i realised that the site must have been fairly dodgy. I cant remember what .exe file was because i deleted from my system straight away.

When i returned to my PC i noticed a few things that were different and they were...

1.That Mcafee had come with an error message saying that it was unable to update? i treied manually and still the same.

2.My home page on Firefox wouldnt load up and it had an error message saying:
Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

3. When i searched on Google and clicked a link it opened up a new tab and it does this for every link?

4.Firefox occasionally sends me to a Youtube page with a Girls Aloud performance on there?!!!

My McAfee says that everything is ok and i have downloaded the Windows Malicious software tool to double check and that came back fine...although i did realise that my Windows Update wont manually update anymore?

I know something is wrong and i am concerned that my McAfee wont update to combat any further damage!

As you can see i am a basic PC user so any help or advice would be much appreciated!

Thank you!:)

By the way i am using Vista and my McAfee was preinstalled on my Dell PC happy
Labels (1)
3 Replies

RE: Please help PC acting strange and Mcafee Secuirty Centre will not update?!

Try Malwarebytes.org free scan McAfee won’t detect the virus because you put it on the computer by allowing the download and saying yes when McAfee send the popup so it was allowed to make a one time change which was the virus hope Malwarebytes helps.

THANK YOU!

Did a full scan and it found 23 entries, removed them now everything is back to normal! Thank you! happy

I'm glad the MalwareBytes tool was able to fix your infection! Be care with what you trust and run online!

//Closed Thread.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community