Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

Please Help - Mcafee Virus Scan Disabled

Hi Guys,

I was using IE and went onto what I was told was a directory submission site for my job.

Mcafee then found a trojan ( I forget its name ) and then it said it was deleted.

But, Mcafee went black, and now I just can not enable the Virus Scan, no matter what.

I hunted around, found winlogon.exe in my local folder and reg, so deleted it in regedit etc

But I just cant get the Mcafee to go red again, please help.

I have the security centre, and my virus scan is version 10, build 10.0.27 and Dat version 5182.

Please please help me !
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7
Message 2 of 5

RE: Please Help - Mcafee Virus Scan Disabled

Well, Mcafee is back, I used Spybot.

But there is one that wont go away.

Its the winlogon.exe but its in the Locals~1 folder and even though I use Reg Edit etc, it just wont go away.

Any ideas?
Highlighted

Spence

Be careful with what you delete from the registry,there is a legitimate winlogon entry in the registry so do not remove it.

Register at this Forum then follow these Steps post the required log in that forum,not here.
Highlighted
Level 7
Message 4 of 5

Hi mate,

I only deleted the one in the temp file, as I know the real one needs to remain.

What I dont get is, I followed the path to where it claims it is in Msconfig / Start up, and its not there, even with all the files on show etc.

I just dont understand how this go through McAfee !
Highlighted

As the user has not replied since 11th December, this thread is closed.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community