cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packed Monder

I contracted a virus or have a Trogan (I don't really know the difference). AVG identifies it as Packed Monder but doesn't do anything to remove it. McAfee's latest upgrade doesn't even find it and I have sent a note to support and they have not even returned my email. It hijacks about 80% of my searches and redirects the search to their advertisers or other junk sites. Often it takes me to a site that claims to be scanning my computer for virus errors and I can't back out or select quit. When that happens I have to disconnect from the internet and reset my browser.

When I do a search on Packed Monder I get some "load this" sites that claim to be able to remove it but I can't tell the good guys from the bad.

This has been out for several weeks and McAfee doesn't even find it with their latest updates, Why?

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.
Labels (2)

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community