Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fishdoc
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

Onclick Ads

I have an unwanted pop-up that keeps appearing on my desktop, usually some sort of music ad.  When I click on the "X" in the upper left hand corner to close the pop-up, it will open Internet Explorer going to a webpage onclickads.net.  I have always immediately closed Internet Explorer (I routinely use Firefox or Chrome for my browser, virtually never I.E.) and not let it finish loading the page.  Likewise, I have never clicked on anything except the "X" on the pop-up.  It isn't real intrusive, it appears once or twice a day, and when I close the I.E. window nothing else happens until the next time the pop-up appears.

I have Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 32 bit OS.  My primary anti-virus is McAfee All Access - Total Protection, the Anti-Virus/Anti-Spyware portion of that is V18.0, Build 18.0.177, last updated today 8/12/2015.  I ran McAfee scan in safe mode w/networking and then Stinger32; both found no problems.

I also have Malwarebytes Anti-Malware V2.1.8.1057, build date 6/18/2015 10:38:55 AM also updated today and it likewise finds no problems.

How do I go about getting rid of these pop-ups?

Thanks!

1 Reply
catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Onclick Ads

You may try running some of these Superb Free Tools, starting with AdwCleaner.

All the Best

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community