cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On Air plug in for Skype - Artemis1ED52C6A30CD (Trojan)

Jump to solution

I tried to install this plug in from Softpedia. When I clicked the install icon the McAfee Secure Search page came up saying preventing me from going to the next page but the installer already came up simultaneously with a McAfee warning saying that the said artemis had been quarantined. I didn't go ahead with the installation and cancel it. The artemis was still in quarantine even though I installed nothing. I deleted the artemis from quarantine without thinking. Could this just be a conflict false positive?

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dmeier
Level 13

Re: On Air plug in for Skype - Artemis1ED52C6A30CD (Trojan)

Jump to solution

I've reviewed the program, and marked the installer as clean in our database. There should be no more detections, but of course let us know if you have any further problems.

- David

0 Kudos
2 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Just in case, you may want to follow these Guidelines/Instructions

You can also run the Latest McAfee Getsusp Tool , simply enter your email address under 'Preferences' before scanning. You can obtain it from this link, and other Superb (Free) Tools. 

Actually what occurred is your McAfee Protection prevented what it had determined to be malicious/or considered to be a PUP being installed on your system,there by quarantining it on your behalf.

I might add, that if there is still a False Artemis!  present, the Getsusup tool will pick it up.

All the Best

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
dmeier
Level 13

Jump to solution

I've reviewed the program, and marked the installer as clean in our database. There should be no more detections, but of course let us know if you have any further problems.

- David

0 Kudos