cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zman32
Level 7

On-Access Scan Messages - Trojan-PoweLike!bat

On-Access Scan Messages - Trojan-PoweLike!bat - How do I remove and resolve this issue.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: On-Access Scan Messages - Trojan-PoweLike!bat

​,

You may try to following this reliable Removal Guide:How to remove the Poweliks Trojan (Removal Guide)

All the Best,

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

​,

Could you kindly inform us if my suggestion resolved your issue?

Thanks,

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
swan36fc
Level 7

Cliff,

I foolishly responded to an 'urgent' update to Firefox this past weekend and now have the trojan mentioned above: Trojan-PoweLike!bat.

The solution you provided to zman32 above is geared toward Internet Explorer users.

Do you have a variant for users of the Firefox browser?

Since it is now October 11th, are there any new factors in removing this trojan?

Thanks!

Rusty

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Catdaddy is busy with the after-effects of Hurricane Matthew so I'll butt in here.

Look up this document https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-2168 and scroll down to the Farbar section.

Run the software and post its log on the forum mentioned there, or any of the ones listed above under the Hijackthis section for expert analysis and advice.

0 Kudos
swan36fc
Level 7

Will do, thanks!

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Good luck.  At least that way hopefully you'll get rid of this thing free of charge.

0 Kudos
swan36fc
Level 7

I did run Farbar last night unsuccessfully, probably because I didn't think to turn off McAfee on-access beforehand.  It became unresponsive and I had to shut down the PC.  Upon turning it back on, it ran DSKCHK and had to make a lot of fixes.  I'm assuming this is because the two products were fighting each other.  Unless you have other thoughts, I will try again tonight after work, turning off McAfee first.  It was pretty scary -mostly the thought of losing all my files.  I'm wondering, would RKill stop the trojan long enough that I could backup all my files?

Also, I'm not clear about Farbar -which option should I select: scan, registry, etc.?  Any details here would help a lot.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Turn off Access Protection in McAfee then until the scan is finished.

If this is Windows 10 ChkDsk runs whenever there's an I/O read or write issue - I've experienced that myself - a nuisance.

You could ask support but they would insist on charging you for the Virus Removal Service.

0 Kudos
swan36fc
Level 7

Oh, should have mentioned earlier, I have Windows 7.      Thanks!

0 Kudos