cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Ntoskrnl-hook

I've also got this as a problem, it keeps appearing in mcafee and i'm not certain if its this doing it but when I use google on firefox it causes a large number of errors with it, occasionally making the results per page 12 or 7 or something else, it also doesn't allow automatic spell check, it gets rid of the Mcafee advice green and red ticks. It causes pages to only open in windows without being able to open on the same page and it will occasionally shunt my intended location to an advert page.

I did the Root Repeal but its too long to be posted on here so I don't know what to do about that..

Please help me out.
3 Replies
Highlighted

RE: Ntoskrnl-hook

Hello,

Sorry it's taken so long to respond. Do you still have this issue? Some have said they had luck removing this using the ESET Online scanner and MalwareBytes. If not, let me know (and email the log file). I have created a CD that can allow you to remove this virus if all else fails.
Highlighted

Actually I downloaded about five different things to remove it and eventually got to 'SUPER AntiSpyware' which removed it and made everything work happy and well, thankyou for the trouble though.

In case someone else is reading this I think I should point out SAS only worked after deleteing a suspicious file using 'RootRepeal' the file is listed in one of the other threads about this problem.
Highlighted

Thanks for posting back your solution to use RootRepeal and SAS.

Hopefully you will have no more issues in the future!

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community