cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Ntoskrnl-hook trojan

Hello, I am having a lot of trouble getting rid of this ntoskrnl-hook trojan... i have read some of the forums here and i installed combofix and also malwarebytes. I can only start windows in safe mode and these programs dont seem to start running while in safe mode. I can sometimes get into normal windows but as soon as i launch the program i get the blue screen. If anyone knows of a way to run these programs from safe mode or if there is any other way to remove this trojan pleease let me know. I do not have access to another computer at the moment so i think running that 2kboot cd is out... if i am wrong on that let me know as well.

thank you to all that can help.
Labels (1)
3 Replies

RE: Ntoskrnl-hook trojan

Hello

You should never use Combofix in an unsupervised enviroment. ComboFix is a dangerous tool and is not for private use. It is strongly suggested by the creator of ComboFix that you do not download and run ComboFix unless the procedure is being supervised by an analyst at one of the forums that handles logs.

Register at this forum Here and follow the steps outlined Here.

Post all the required logs in that forum, Not Here.

Good luck.

Ok thanks, i have already downloaded combofix and i wish i was told about not using that before hand. Do you happen to know how to uninstall it because it is not on my program list and if it is dangerous to use i would like to remove it

Leave Combofix installed for the time being, let them know that you have Combofix installed. If you ran Combofix it should have produced a log which can be found at C:\Combofix.txt. If it is not there do not worry about it, just let them know that no log was produced.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community