cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Product Specific Flag: DrvRestore

Jump to solution

Hello McAfee Support Community,

After finally getting access to the GetClean submission process we have been proactively submitting our new builds with great success.  We have not made any changes to our product Driver Restore that would cause a flag, to our knowledge, but are now seeing that our product as receiving a new flag "DrvRestore".  The GetClean submissions have come back fine, so we really have no idea why we are now receiving these flags.  What we do know is that having a flag will hurt our business and want to figure out the issue so we can remedy it ASAP. ​ If you can help connect me to the right people I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Stephen Genest

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 17 of 17

Re: New Product Specific Flag: DrvRestore

Jump to solution

That is good to hear Stephen. When you are certain of such, could you kindly mark this thread as 'Answered'?

Thank you,

Cliff\CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
16 Replies
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 17

Jump to solution

Hi Stephen,

I will contact someone on your behalf, and hopefully they can suggest how to proceed in order to address your concerns.

You say that your software is suddenly being (Flagged) ? Are you stating as a 'Artemis! Detection' again?

Regards,

Cliff/CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Jump to solution

CD,

Instead of getting the Artemis Flag with the various numbers and/or letters I see on VirusTotal that it has a new flag that is just called "DrvRestore".  So it would appear that a new flag type was created specifically for our product.

Thanks,
Stephen

Highlighted
desertgal
Level 10
Message 4 of 17

Jump to solution

Hi Stephen,

I would like to request you submit a detection dispute so we can work with you privately. I am also requesting the installers for your application so our team can review them.

Lets work on submitting the detection dispute and we will go from there.

Thank you,

DG

Jump to solution

DG,

I submitted through this link: Detection Dispute Submission | McAfee Labs

Let me know if I need to do anything else to get this going.

Thanks,

Stephen

Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 17

Jump to solution

Moved from  Malware Discussion to Home User Assistance > Discussions

By

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Jump to solution

Hey ​ have you heard anything else yet?  I need to determine how to handle my marketing/sales campaigns if this is going to be an issue that cannot be resolved quickly.

Thanks,
Stephen

Jump to solution

​,

Any news yet on this new flag?  Any information at all on what could be causing it would be helpful.

Thanks

McAfee Employee dmeier
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 17

Jump to solution

Hello 383Media, we're working to get this closed out asap. Would you happen to have a product version matrix, with installers?

We're finding that some previous versions do infringe on our Potentially Unwanted Program policy, while some recent versions have addressed many of our concerns.

If you can help me obtain installers, it will speed up our review.

- David

Jump to solution

I have an Excel file I can send you, but where should I email it to?  I don't think I can attach an Excel file to this reply.

Thanks,

Stephen