Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Need urgent help - Adware (Maxonclick)

Hi, I am facing challenges from adware last few days. Details of the URL popping up time and again mentioned below. I am using Mcafee Viruscan Enterprise + Antispyware Enterprise 8.8,0.1528, Mcafee Host prevention is on 8.0, Threat intelligence, Mcafee Agent Looking for help to remove this adware. I am on windows 10.

(Link Removed for the safety of others)

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Level 20

Re: Need urgent help - Adware (Maxonclick)

Moved from Virus and Spyware Protection to Corporate User Assistance > Discussions

Albeit you are using a Corporate Product, you may wish to use this Reputable Removal Guide we often recommend to our Users from the Consumer side of the Equation. How to remove redirect (Virus Removal Guide)

Note: I would run the (McAfee Getsusp) Tool before using the other Antimalware Removal tools, so as it will add it to the Global Threat Intelligent Base. The actual download is  HERE

Generally speaking normally after scanning with (MalwareBytes AdwCleaner\MalwareBytes Anti-malware (Free)  usually your detection is removed.

As noted if such is the case, only run the  (Zemana Anti-Malware Tool) if it still exists.

All the very Best,

Consumer Products

McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos