cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ehejazifar
Level 7

Need help with a virus from antispyway

I have McAfee system, which came with my Dell laptop, and later I became a member by using Time-Warner cable system. My laptop used to update McAfee new virus definitions regularly, but it was hyperbaton for a few days and did not update. I was surfing on the Internet and suddenly a got a virus attack which has taken over the system and does not allow to run any program and continuously give a warning that my system is infected and wants to check for the viruses. However, it tells me that I have to purchase the full program from "antispyway.com" in order to clear all the viruses. I know that this is by itself a virus. Has any one any information or experience with this virus and how to remove it? I would greatly appreciate any help. By the way my laptop is only directs to that web page and does not allow me to go to any other site. Any program that I have to use I have to download in other computer and use a flash drive to install in the laptop. Thank you in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
vuvu
Level 7

Re: Need help with a virus from antispyway

Hi There,

I got similiar problem.  Was you able to get any help?  If so please share them with me!  Thanks.

VU.

0 Kudos
Hayton
Level 17

antispyway.com is registered as a defunct domain, which went inactive in April 2008.

Either you've come across something which has been lying dormant since then, or the site has just been reactivated.

Either way, what you've got is trying to direct you to a fraudulent site, so you're right to say that this is a virus. It may be one which has only just been released, in which case there won't be a fix for it yet. One of the experts will tell you more than I possibly could about that.

For now, if you've got Spybot or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, I advise to run them - they might not know about this virus, but then apparently nor does McAfee yet.

There is a good document on these community forums that you should read -

Anti-Spyware, Malware & Hijacker Tools - https://community.mcafee.com/thread/1996

It has links to a number of sites from which you can download free malware-removal tools.

0 Kudos
Hayton
Level 17

Someone has been remarkably quick off the mark to flag this on SiteAdvisor.

Full marks to the reviewer in question.

http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/antispyway.com/msgpage

0 Kudos
Hayton
Level 17

... but Microsoft have been even quicker off the mark. See the screenshot below.

0 Kudos
ehejazifar
Level 7

The information given in the links were not helpfull. However I found another site where I got instruction and links to software which helped me to fix the problem and it is working fine now. The link for the site is:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/8693/how-to-remove-antivirus-live-and-other-roguefake-antivirus-malwa...

Good luck all.

0 Kudos
Hayton
Level 17

That was a site I wasn't familiar with, but it's a good article. Thanks for posting the link so others can follow it up.

When I Googled Antispyway a while back no-one was reporting anything new about it (I said this was a new piece of malware). If they had, I would have passed anything relevant on to you.

I'm glad you've managed to get it all removed from your PC. Was it SuperAntiSpyware that solved the problem? It looks like something I ought to download and test, if it's any good.

0 Kudos
Hayton
Level 17

That name - "antispyway".  I wonder .... did you perhaps, by any chance, mean to say "antispyware.com"?

That site is known, and is currently shown as having downloads infected with Generic FakeAlert!bo trojan, Artemis, and FakeAlert-GM trojan.

If that is the one you meant, it would explain a lot.

0 Kudos
ehejazifar
Level 7

No it is antispiway.com and I googled as "antispyway virus" and got two hits and this one was better than the other, so I followed its instructions and got the results.

0 Kudos