cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

RE: Just ran the malwarebyte again....and...

Understood, and I do help on a handful of forums and know the tools. HJT is outdated but is still useful to point you in the right direction. Anyway, bowing out now. Thanks for the explanation happy
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 12 of 15

RE: Just ran the malwarebyte again....and...

I have the same problems, but with a few twists. I have Virtumonde infected on my system and SpyGuard 2008.

I ran the Avira like Grif suggested & it found 37 malware files. It couldn't delete them so it renamed them. Oh, by the way, please look at the Configuration tab before you run the Virus Scan on Avira. I didn't the first time and 1 hr 45 mins later, after the scan had finished, I realized that I hadn't so I had to run it again and ask it to fix the problems.

So I rebooted into Safe Mode, but my computer locked-up after it loaded "Safe Mode" in all 4 corners of the screen. I couldn't even get Windows Task Manager to come-up. I don't want to reboot into Normal Mode in case the whole thing starts again.

Any ideas?
Highlighted
Level 7
Message 13 of 15

Maybe this would help

Hi..
So sorry you are going thru the same thing I did. I was about in tears. I checked out a few forums, and saw the name SuperAntiSpyware so often I had to try it. Well, I downloaded that program, and so far so good. The ONE thing you have to watch out for is the drivers (dll) that it may quarantine. However, that program will leave them quarantined if you need to replace them. Someone had posted that SuperAntiSpyware would get rid of a virtumonde...so its worth a try. I had a mess of different things on this, and like I said, so far so good.

Good Luck!

Cin
Highlighted

RE: Maybe this would help

A mix of SUPERAntiSpywrae and MalwareBytes usually gets rid of most nasties. Just don't run them at the same time.

It's usually a good idea to visit a forum who does malware removal to have them check over your logs to be sure everything is actually gone. It's not uncommon for a scanner to miss something and a few days later find yourself right back to square one. Be sure it's a forum who's members are part of ASAP, Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals. It's free help even though they are pros at what they do.

Here is a list of all or most of them. http://asap.maddoktor2.com/
Highlighted
Level 7
Message 15 of 15

Good advice!

Thank ya, evilfantasy .....I did follow paullotions advice and went to that site to have them look over mycomputer, but that was the same day I posted here...and so far have heard NOTHING from them at all. What a headache this has been. I haven't found anything more, and I sure don't want to. But I haven't heard nothing from the other site at all. Wish me luck! I need it I think!

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community