Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Znake
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 9

Need Seriouse Help!!!!!!!!!

well the problem started last Monday, it seems that by laptop got infected with a spyware of some sort and I can't figure put how to remove it. I use mcafee and for the past week I been scanning my laptop like crazy hopeing it finds something but it doesn't, I can easily tell something is wrong with my laptop cause I encountered problems I never had before. First off when I first log on to my laptop it takes about 2 to 4 minutes for it to load all my stuff inside my laptop, Second there's always my windows security alert icon in red meaning that my automatic updates are turned off, and basically there's always a 50/50 chance that I can turn it back on cause sometimes a window pops up telling me to activate it on control panel inside the system where it is already on :eek: . Third some settings on my computer keep changing without my approval, example when I go to Internet options under privacy, my Internet zone is ussully in save all cookies when I change it on medium i close it then I go back and it goes back to save all cookies agian!!!!! In which never put on to begin with cause my defualt is medium and saving cookies is bad especially on infected site. Fourth it seems that I can't use my wireless Internet cause it goes very slow and poorly when it was never like that before!!!! And sometimes when I do connect if I get lucky, pop ups start to come out of nowhere and tell my my computer could be infected with something!!!! The latest problems as of now are that my laptop is getting screwy and slightly slower!! It just seems that this thing seems to know my every move its almost gonna be a week and I still haven't figured a way out to remove it. Right know I'm using my iPod touch to write this massage cause I can't even use my computer for Internet access no more:( . I been trying to track it down lately with a little help of mcafees report and logs and seeing If i can remove it manually but it seems there's no hope it sometimes seems that it is inside microsoft files, I once tried to delete a microsoft file that was suspisciouse, it either duplicated or I couldent remove it cause it was in use or it had write protection!!! I really need help! It seems like this damn spyware checkmate me !! I could really Use someones help or advice ASAP!!!!!!
8 Replies
Znake
Level 7
Message 2 of 9

RE: Need Seriouse Help!!!!!!!!!

Can someone please help me sad
Znake
Level 7
Message 3 of 9

Someone Please help
Highlighted
Jubo
Level 9
Message 4 of 9

When I start my laptop then it takes about 10 minutes before it's loaded... but okay, that's an old one. You don't give any detailed information abut your laptop, but what is installed on it? Which Windows version? Which McAfee version? Which components and what is the version of the DAT file? Do you see any strange programs, popups and why you think it's 'spyware'?
Is it possible for you to run an online scan as here?
Znake
Level 7
Message 5 of 9

God, Finally someone replies, Thanks very much for trying to help me out, I'll give you all the information you need To see what's up with My Laptop. The Manufacture is Toshiba.

System:
Microsoft Windows XP
Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 2

Registered to: Me

Toshiba
Satellite
Intel(R) Celeron(R) M CPU
420 @ 1.60GHz
1.60GHz, 448 MB of RAM
---------------------------------------------
Stuff that is Installed on my computer are The usual Window Stuff like Accessories, Microsoft Works ect And other Syuff that i installed like Itunes, QuickTime, Limewire, Adobe Reader, McAfee ect, I can't really tell all Cause i'm in Safe Mode right now, I actually forgot about Safe Mode for a while >_> . My McAfee Version Is "McAfee Virus Scan Plus" One thing i noticed is that When I'm in Safe Mode My Mcafee states that i'm not Protected but When i was in Standerd Mode it was Protected, Wierd. And My McAfee in Safe Mode has an error in configue>Computer Files>Virus Protection, It is Currently Disabled. Did I Install it Incorrectly or something?? Cause when i tried to Install It Agian My Disc Came up with an Error and I could oF either tried to Retry Or Continue But i thought it wasen't a big Problem so I continued. I also Bought the Disc on Thursday sad But is really not helping me cause a Virus is not the problem but Spyware is... I Think. I really didn't see no Strange Programs at first cause i was deleting Files that could of caused the problem on Add&Remove. I did Find Some Adware Installed But i quickly erased it, The Programs that seems to be running Strange are some of My Microsoft Files Located in My System32 Folder,But there not running Strange right know tho cause i'm in Safe Mode. I think the Spyware is controlling most of my Microsoft Files when the Spyware is active. I think i have Spyware obviously cause my computer Meets all the Symptoms that a Spywared computer should have whick is bad by the way >_< . Will it work if i Scan In Safe Mode?? Cause i don't think i can get on the internet when i'm in Standerd by the way. Thanks for helping me out ^_^ i really appriciate it. If youy need any more Info Please fell free to ask, I wanna get my laptop back in working agian. Thanks!!!!!!
Znake
Level 7
Message 6 of 9

I recently just tried the online scan you gave but it said I had to download something but since I'm i was in Safe Mode it didn't let me downlod it cause of some administration protection, I resently tried to use my internet on standered mode but I get really slow connection when I'm online and all a sudden My McAfee protections started to get disabeld 0_o . I need seriouse Help cause its getting badder by the day. Sorry I could not respond soon enough I was at work, I'm ussually of At 4 pm and get home around 5pm, it will good if you can be on when I'm on so we can reply to each other faster. Thanks
Znake
Level 7
Message 7 of 9

C'Mon someone please make atleast a good suggestion sad
Jubo
Level 9
Message 8 of 9

In your case I'd do the same as what I suggested a few moments ago to another poster, plus I would uninstall Limewire as this program can be dangerous when it shares files with someone else.
See this thread: http://community.mcafee.com/showpost.php?p=521890&postcount=13
Znake
Level 7
Message 9 of 9

Thank you, Sir

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community