cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help.

First. I am having trouble with a Dell laptop that has Windows XP. On Saturday by mistake a click yes on an ad that said you have a computer virus. After that I was getting ads constantly and the computer had issues loading. So I ran a Scan with MCAfee. It found a Trojan and listed a bunch of files that were under quarantine. I removed the Trojan but the ads still continue. After that I did another scan it just showed files that were quarantine. I went to the Restore Folder and Click Remove and removed all the files that were under quanrantine. Now when I turn on the computer it starts but it freezes and does not continue loading. I was wondering what I did wrong? And if having remove the files that were under quarantine cause an even bigger issue? I also want to mention this is a borrowed computer since I do not have one of my own and also my computer knowledge is zero. All help will be appreaciated. They do have McAfee AntiVrus Software installed and a firewall.
Thanks.
2 Replies

RE: Need Help.

I guess some kind of Malware has infected your computer so please try the following:

• Click on Start> Click on Run> Type Temp> Delete all the files and folders

• Click on Start> Click on Run> Type %Temp%> Delete all the files and folders

• Click on Start> Click on Run> Type Prefetch> Delete all the files and folders

• Click on Start> Open Internet Explorer> Click on Tools> Click on Internet Options> Delete all the Temporary Internet Files & Cookies

• Also click on this link http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php, install this and run a Anti-Malware scan, if any infected items found remove them all and check out the performance

RE: Need Help.

Thanks. I will try it.