cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alansam
Level 7

Need Help With Artemis!2166FCBDD90C

Recently My antivirus "McAfee Internet Security"detected a "potentially unwanted program" by the name Artemis!2166FCBDD90C . Now its asking whether to trust it or Quarantine the same. Is it a virus..? What should I do.?

Thanks,

Alan

0 Kudos
10 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: Need Help With Artemis!2166FCBDD90C

Please try following these Guidelines/Instructions

(Note) You will need to zip the file and Password protect it using the word infected. Upon a successful submission,you should receive a confirmation from McAfee. Associated with it will be a (Analysis ID #) If after 3-4 business days your issue remains unresolved.

Kindly post back the Analysis ID #, then we can contact someone from McAfee Labs to expedite your case.

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
alansam
Level 7

Thanks.. I follwed the same procedure. I emailed them and also downloaded getsusp.I scanned using Getsusp and it said the results have been submitted to McAfee Labs. So I guess Now I should wait..?  But can the Labs corelate the artemis with Getsusp scanned results..? For eg : My getsusp scan found 8 suspicious files , but which one could be the artemis detected by McAfee..?Any other thing to be done please inform me .

Thanks ,

Alan

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

I apologise for my delayed response. Are you saying you submitted by both methods? With Getsusp you should receive a (Work Item #) If you zipped it and password protected it, you should have received a (Analysis ID #)

Which in any case, if after allowing the appropriate time as mentioned and still not resolved. Kindly post back either, and I/we can contact McAfee Labs on your behalf.

Regards,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
alansam
Level 7

CD,

I used Getsusp and at the of the scan it said reports have been sent to McAfee Labs. So I need not submit anything again , right ? I didnt receive a (Work Item #) till now. Its been some 15 minutes since the scan has been completed.

Thanks & Regards,

Alan

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Hi Alan,

That should suffice. Allow the appropriate time to be analyzed. If not whitelisted by then, please post back and I will consult with my contact at McAfee Labs. Did you receive a confirmation back from McAfee Labs in your Email inbox?

Remember, you have to add your Email address under 'Preferences' in the Getsusp Interface, before scanning.

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
alansam
Level 7

CD,

Yes, I had added my email id in the preferences tab before I started the scan. I did not get any confirmation back from McAfee Labs in my inbox.

Alan

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

I am inundated with appointments at the moment. Allow it time, and I will follow up in short order.

Thanks,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Check your spam folders in case it went there. Usually you get a getsusp work unit id in an hour or so the analysis ID path comes back within 15mis.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Could you kindly confirm your issue has been resolved? Or if you need further assistance?

Thank you,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos