Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rcswin
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Need Help: Have Virus called JS/Joke-Shake

Anyone who knows how to get rid of this virus please help me out. My virus scan won't allow me to remove it automatically because it has attached itself to a legitimate software bundle.
3 Replies
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

RE: Need Help: Have Virus called JS/Joke-Shake

It may be necessary to sacrifice the software bundle, temporarily at least, in that case.

Did you try scanning in Safe Mode to see if it would go that way? (Tapping F8 while booting up).

Did it give you a path to this? If so could you post that info?

Please include the following information:

What is your operating system and service pack level and are you up to date with Microsoft Updates?

Right-click your McAfee taskbar icon and go to each application and give the full details from clicking "About".

If you have the new Security Center please double-click the taskbar icon and then "View Details".

Please check this topic out for some basic steps for virus removal.
Announcement: **Please read this before posting in this forum!!!**

js/joke-shake

if your mcafee scan quarantined this virus, all you have to do is click on the mcafee icon on your desktop if you have it, once loaded, click where it says restore. Once you click you should be able to see the file js/joke-shake, click the square to check the file and then click remove. hope this helps. this is what i did

RE: js/joke-shake

The detection listed is a Joke/annoyance which is just deisgned to make a popup window jump around when the mouse is placed near it or some other similar annoyance action.

If you see this detection in legitimate software, you should submit the detection for review to McAfee AVERT.

http://vil.nai.com/vil/submit-sample.aspx

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community